Thursday, June 30

4th of July Patriotic Paper Starburst Decoration

My girlfriend April over at Funky Vintage Lovely did a tutorial on this fab decoration she did for memorial day.  I have been wanting to make one and since we are having a few people over this weekend for the 4th of July festivities I thought I had better get it done now.  I do love how it turned out however...I was not fully prepared for how long it would take to make it! Not a quick project so make sure if you decide to do one to set at least an hour or more aside to complete.  I am sure if I could have found my exacto knife rather than using a big bulky box cutter it may have gone smoother.  Or...if I had my glue dots handy rather than having to dig for them in the bottom of a cedar chest in our bedroom...it may have gone smoother.  Or...if the 2 staplers I found were not broken with the springs all pulled out (thanks kids!) or if I could have found my tiny Tim Holtz stapler which of course I did have the staples for...it would have gone smoother.  But...it is done and it looks so good on our front porch.  Our house has vinyl siding so I could not "nail" it up anywhere but I did run to the hardware store and picked up some of those handy stick on hooks that worked perfectly.

The tutorial is here:



And while I am sharing July 4th creations I also made some of these...going to put them in mason jars filled with rice for table decor on our buffet table. The pattern and tutorial are here : (note: these are for decoration only and do not spin.  I did use large brads in the center verses the circle cut out on pattern).


 
And lastly I got the free printable for these jars here:  They were meant for tin cans but I changed it up a bit and shortened to fit mason jars.  Made the flowers on front from the coordinating paper pattern and used these free printable for the center (also used these circles for cupcake toppers). These will be used for the plastic knives, forks and spoons... I have a ton more little decorations planned as well as amazing recipes I have found on Pinterest (addicted to that site).  Will post more on that later.






2 comments:

TheEccentricLady said...

OMG you cracked me up. Sounds like me. I am really trying to get my stuff organized so it's all in its place. Lol, we will see. Your decorations are beautiful. Have a great weekend!

PaisleyJade said...

Love these!!